Wednesday, January 18, 2006

"Ripping is Learning"

I have had to tell myself this all last night. I had to rip out the same 4 inches of pattern 3 different times last night! I finally am getting it to work correctly this morning.
First problem, I miscounted the stitches and had to rip out about 2 inches worth of work. Then I found out that the hooks the pattern calls for is really not the right gauge, again ripping out 3-4 inches of work.
Finally, increasing my hook size and locking myself in my bedroom away from all distractions, I was able to get the piece to work right. Sheesh! I have never had so much trouble with any one pattern in my entire life! It's not as if this piece were the Mona Lisa or anything like that, it's just a ribbed sweater.
Anyway, I finally got my latest project going and the colors are absolutely beautiful. Variegated purples and greens. The pattern is making the yarn lay wonderfully and it is so colorful.
I will be working on taking pictures of all my work so I can post later on. I just hope I will be able to let go of my projects, they are just too good looking to release!
Well, I have to get busy stitching. It's been nice talking to you all.

Heather

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home